Sunday, March 23, 2014

16 weeks, ugly socks and a wedding



it was a scary week. we went to the OBGYN for an emergency sonogram because my stomach pains weren't going away no matter what i did. i called the doctor to schedule the appointment to make sure everything was okay. turns out that i just pulled a muscle pretty bad when i slipped. tylenol, rest and slip-proof socks is what the doctor ordered. fyi, slip-proof socks for kiddos are adorable. slip-proof socks for adults are not.

this saturday, March 22, 2014, we attended our first wedding sporting my babies bump! i hadn't really realized how many of our friends are either pregnant now, on their second or third pregnancy, are trying to get pregnant or have all the kids they want. it was nice to see all the new families and families-to-be around us. the food was a typical chinese banquet style with about 10 courses that consisted of mostly seafood. it was so hard to limit myself with all that delicious food in front of me. i love seafood so much, but during pregnancy you're supposed to eat it in moderation - some docotrs say no more than 12 ounces a week! such torture!

we stayed until about 11pm-ish and i was exhausted. this morning, mark and i laughed about how we couldn't even make it to midnight! not too long ago, we would have stayed till the lights were turning on and the DJ was packing up. we would have been congregating with those that were left standing and wondering where the after party was to drink and party until our bodies just couldn't take it anymore. my how times have changed.

i finally got a good night's rest last night as well. i hadn't been sleeping well because i haven't been able to get comfortable because now that i have to sleep on my side, my hands get numb. i'm usually a back sleeper. from time to time, i'll end up on my back in the middle of the night but then wake up suddenly because i can't breathe - the twins are apparently putting pressure on my diaphragm and lungs. so i went on a search for a solution and found the Leachco Back N Shape Adjustable Maternity Pillow Set. it's a 2 pillow set where 1 pillow in the shape of a wedge supports my belly and the other pillow supports my back and prevents me from slipping back onto my back in the middle of the night. the 2 pillows can detach and adjust as my belly grows and when the babies are born, the back pillow part can be used like a boppy feeding pillow.







i'm still getting used to using it and my hand still gets numb from time to time, but so far so good. i'll have to talk to the doctor tomorrow at our next visit about the numbness. i'm hoping it's not carpel tunnel as i've read on many forums about this same problem!


No comments:

Post a Comment