Sunday, April 27, 2014

21 weeks + bed rest + strong love

so here we are... 21 weeks! this week, other than the emergency surgery, was pretty uneventful really. i suppose it's due to the fact that i've been stuck in bed on bed rest.

it has been an emotionally draining week though. with the news of having to get the surgery and the twins being in danger of early delivery and possible loss, my emotions went haywire. i was, as any parent would be, worried out of my mind. i found myself crying and panicking more than usual and couldn't control it at all. i was like a ticking time bomb of tears. again, as usual, i was scared that my depression was about to take over and win again. i was glad that towards the end of this week, mark and i had a long talk (after a really uncontrollable bout of crying) and he reassured me that it was normal to be this worried... what parent would be right?

i say it over and over again, but i am so extremely thankful for mark. he has been my rock and my light in the darkness. through all the ups and downs, he has remained by my side and never wavered. the things we have gone through are the things that are usually designed to tear couples apart. how lucky, fortunate, and blessed are we that those things have only made our relationship and love stronger than i could have ever imagined!? God truly blessed us beyond our expectations.

my post-op follow-up appointment with dr. matia is tomorrow morning. please, please, please pray for us that i am healing well and that the twins are still doing well too.

till next time... have a great week y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment